Definition of night vision in English:
The faculty of seeing in very low light, especially after the eyes have become adapted.
- Its compounds also help the eyes adapt to bright light and improve night vision.
- First signs are blurry vision, especially in bright light, loss of night vision and needing more light to read by.
- Since cones do not function well in darkness, night vision depends strongly on light picked up by rods.
adjective(night-vision) Back to top
Denoting devices that enhance nighttime vision: night-vision goggles
More example sentences
- Many discarded their water bottles, night-vision devices and other useful equipment because this was meant to be a quick, in-and-out daylight mission.
- Close-fitting eye lenses are shaped to improve peripheral vision and are compatible with most optical sighting and night-vision devices.
- In addition to the Sniperscope and other night-vision devices, the potential of this technology for guidance purposes began to be realized.
Definition of night vision in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan