- A type of cloud forming a thick uniform gray layer at low altitude, from which rain or snow often falls (without any lightning or thunder).More example sentences
- Lesser values can be recorded in between the main storm cores and from the nimbostratus.
- Well, it is quite light in colour to be a nimbostratus but precipitation all day long in connection with a weather front depicts the cloud.
- Rain and snow often accompany the development of nimbostratus clouds.
More definitions of nimbostratusDefinition of nimbostratus in:
- The British & World English dictionary