1 informal A child, especially a small boy.
- There was a young nipper lying on the side of the road and the ambulance crew just picked him up and were away.
- Do those with nippers at private school seek an advantage?
- I used to go to Sherington school, just over the way, and there's no way that many kids were driven to school when I was a nipper.
2 (nippers) Pliers, pincers, forceps, or a similar tool for gripping or cutting.
- To avoid damaging the face of the trim, pry nails out the back with locking pliers or nippers (end-cutting pliers).
- Remove the nails left in the molding from the backside (so you won't damage the face) using nippers or locking pliers.
- First, remove the nails left in the molding from the backside using nippers or locking pliers.
Words that rhyme with nipperAgrippa, chipper, clipper, dipper, equipper, flipper, gripper, hipper, kipper, Pippa, ripper, shipper, sipper, skipper, slipper, stripper, tipper, tripper, whipper, zipper
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of nipper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.