Definition of noggin in English:
1A person’s head.
- Put your noggins together because two heads are better than one.
- You could blow off Jim Phelps' head in one episode and he'd sport a fresh noggin the next week.
- These kids have such a collection of knowledge in their noggins that I am constantly in awe.
2A small quantity of liquor, typically a quarter of a pint.
- A follower of Airedale Beagles since 1956, he would stop by to enjoy a tot of whisky or a noggin of port before setting off behind the hounds.
- William Sutton, first licensee of the aptly named Scenic Hotel, was up here in the 1840s too, running a general store offering everything from lolly sticks to a noggin of wine before the pub was built about 130 years back.
Mid 17th century (in the sense 'small drinking cup'): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with nogginhoggin
Definition of noggin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan