Definition of nogging in English:
1Brickwork that fills the spaces between studs or framing members.
- The wonderful nogging, including herringbone again, may be part of the original building - note the date in the brickwork of the lower storey: 1620.
- Brick nogging is a European method of construction which was brought to the new world in the early nineteenth century.
1.1A horizontal piece of wood fixed to a framework to strengthen it.
- Ensure that noggings, bearers, etc required to support fixtures and fittings are accurately positioned and securely fixed.
- Noggings should be fixed between joists.
Words that rhyme with noggingfrogging, microblogging
Definition of nogging in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.