Definition of noiseless in English:
1Silent; quiet: the bicycle is a benign form of transportation, being noiseless and nonpolluting
More example sentences
- He gazed behind him for a second, and everything was noiseless and silent.
- A cooler like that is absolutely noiseless, since there are no moving parts at all.
- When travelers step beyond the gate of an arriving flight at the Tokyo or Osaka airport, within five seconds a noiseless and speedy shuttle arrives to move them to another terminal for a connecting flight.
1.1 technical Accompanied by or introducing no random fluctuations that would obscure the real signal or data.
- We are having bad experiences with mainboard manufacturers when it comes to noiseless power regulation.
- Simulation begins by generating noiseless waveforms at the link data input and proceeds through each subsequent component model until the system output is generated.
- The cancellation of vacuum fluctuations leads to the possibility of noiseless signal amplification with the feedforward loop.
- Example sentences
- Slipping out the door, she ran noiselessly through the silent corridors.
- They both heard the toilet flush and they fell silent, Vincent moving noiselessly over to stand by the door.
- Beyond their 11th-floor balcony, city lights glitter and ocean liners float noiselessly in the bay.
- Example sentences
- The sense of noiselessness and calm were eerie.
- The ranks snapped to attention before the princes with a silence that gave the effect not of noiselessness but of waiting, of repressing, a great noise to come.
- The whole work was played without a break, and took two and a half hours, yet there was no suspicion of monotony, while the quickness and noiselessness with which the elaborate set scenes were changed was little short of marvellous.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.