• informal , chiefly North American
exclamation(also om nom nom)
- Used to express pleasure at eating, or at the prospect of eating, delicious food: chili and cornbread for dinner, nom nom!More example sentences
- Off to lunch...nom nom. brb!
- Here, have a Ferrero Rocher - om nom nom.
- Meanwhile, I shall find solace in this tasty pie om nom nom
noun(nom noms) Back to top
- Delicious food: there were all kinds of nom noms—onion rings, hot dogs, burgers, and friesMore example sentences
- Delicious nom noms were shared, picnic-style, in the green and grassy interior of Grosvenor Square.
- You'll be doing High Five's all day long after experiencing the awesome service, great atmosphere and tasty nom noms.
- Then when tea time came around, so did the food: trays and trays of nom noms came up. Bruschetta, apple pies, custard pies, sausages and spicy wedges and they were all free!
early 21st century: probably imitative but apparently also popularized by the noises made by the Cookie Monster character in the children's television program Sesame Street. Compare with yum.
More definitions of nom nomDefinition of nom nom in:
- The British & World English dictionary