- A form of gangrene affecting the face, usually caused by a bacterial infection and typically occurring in young children suffering from malnutrition or other disease.More example sentences
- In addition to the disease itself, isolation becomes the biggest problem of people suffering from Noma.
- The facial reconstruction of a Noma victim is both complex and time consuming and requires very special skills.
- The WHO has fearfully reported that Noma may be on the increase in various African countries.
late 17th century: Latin, alteration of nome 'ulcer', from Greek nomē, from nemein 'to feed'.
More definitions of nomaDefinition of noma in:
- The British & World English dictionary