- The Touareg people are nomads who traveled through the desert.
- These people are the original nomads of North Africa, who were converted to Islam by invading Arab armies eons ago.
- Local nomads reported the animals were sensitive to human presence and could be aggressive.
- He's a nomad, never staying in one place too long.
- He was, in truth, a nomad, a rootless wanderer, trailing from one country to another and one place to another, varying longer stays with many restless shorter travels, living alone except when visiting or journeying with friends.
- How long will she remain a wanderer, a nomad, with no place to go?
- Example sentences
- It shows a society that is blatantly discriminatory against Travellers and their culture, and particularly of that part of their culture that relates to nomadism.
- His tent was hung with the paraphernalia of a lifetime's nomadism - water jars, saddles, spears, swords, leather bags and an old rifle.
- As I travelled with the nomads and researched about them I found that nomadism was more than just being on the move.
Late 16th century: from French nomade, via Latin from Greek nomas, nomad- 'roaming in search of pasture', from the base of nemein 'to pasture'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.