- 1A person who is proposed or formally entered as a candidate for an office or as the recipient of a grant or award: the party’s presidential nominee an Oscar nomineeMore example sentences
- All the more reason for care in selecting the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.
- And that base is especially strong in the primary elections that determine the nominee for President.
- Tom was selected from a distinguished list of nominees for the honour.
- 2A person or company whose name is given as having title to a stock, real estate, etc., but who is not the actual owner.More example sentences
- It means the shares are held in the name of a nominee company of Goodbody.
- To create a legal mortgage the shares have to be registered in the name of the bank or of its nominee company.
- We don't have any record of the nominee name in the share register.