- Relating to or denoting a type of diabetes in which there is some insulin secretion. Such diabetes typically develops in adulthood and can frequently be managed by diet and hypoglycemic agents.More example sentences
- Women ages 55 to 69 who exercise most days of the week are 50 percent less likely to develop non-insulin-dependent diabetes, according to a study in the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- Type 2 diabetes (formerly called non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult-onset diabetes) is different from type 1 diabetes.
- This benefit was observed in both insulin-dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetics.
More definitions of non-insulin-dependentDefinition of non-insulin-dependent in:
- The British & World English dictionary