- A person who is from 90 to 99 years old.More example sentences
- Kunkel and Perls believe that additional genetic analyses of nonagenarians and centenarians will lead to the identification of a few genes that confer longevity in humans.
- Among the pieces on show were calligraphy and paintings by the 100-year-old master Chen Li-fu and by nonagenarians Chang Long-yien and Fu Chuan-fu, two living greats of the Chinese art scene.
- During the evening a painting, a montage of 150 years of schooling by Badsey artist Michael Barnard, was unveiled by nonagenarians Molly Corbett and Fred Mason, the school's oldest ex-pupils present.
early 19th century: from Latin nonagenarius (based on nonaginta 'ninety') + -an.
More definitions of nonagenarianDefinition of nonagenarian in:
- The British & World English dictionary