Definition of nonappearance in English:
1Failure to appear or be present, especially at a gathering or engagement.
- The reason for the non-appearance of the applicants appears in an affidavit which has been filed in this Court.
- Visitation centre workers' complaints about cancelled visits or non-appearance were conveyed to Mr. Lee.
- Mr Woodward's reason for non-appearance on the day the case was due to start was, to my mind, inadequate and remains inadequate.
1.1 Law Failure to appear or be present in a court of law, especially as a witness, defendant, or plaintiff.
- There has been no affidavit material filed to explain the circumstances of this non-appearance.
- Given that direct resistance to religious court authority is itself illegal and non-appearance for a summons can be met with a police-enforced arrest warrant, indirection is a means of effective resistance.
- Magistrates sentenced Scholz to two months in prison, with seven days added for non-appearance at court
Definition of nonappearance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan