Definition of nonbank in English:
Not relating to, connected with, or transacted by a bank.
- The central bank's move has prompted both foreign banks and non-bank credit card issuers to move in the same direction with KTC, trying to earn more income from personal loan provision schemes.
- And, importantly, over the past two decades we have seen an unprecedented explosion of non-bank Credit creation.
- Indeed, the proliferation of aggressive non-bank credit creation has provided momentous fuel for this historic boom.
nounBack to top
A financial institution that is not a bank.
- Contrasted to Greenspan, we would say that broad money supply largely reflects the extent of expansion of the financial sector, including both banks and non-banks.
- Today, clearing takes place with payments netted between the myriad of financial institutions, in a process that assimilates the relative financial positions of participating banks and non-banks.
- This support stemmed from their desire to have more equal opportunities to compete with non-banks and banks both domestically and abroad and to adjust to the dynamic changes within the financial services sector.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan