Definition of nonblack in English:
1(Of a person) not black.
- From the 1960s onwards, the blues became a central ingredient of the universal world of commercial popular music; at present it is cultivated by non-black musicians throughout Europe and in parts of Asia as well as North America.
- On the issue of whether ‘we’ and ‘our’ are appropriate words to describe blacks in a workbook that will be read by non-black students, I'm not quite sure what Mr. Williams' position is.
- A study of the criminal system in Philadelphia found that if the perpetrator was black and the victim was non-black this was the combination most likely to give rise to the death sentence.
1.1Of or relating to people who are not black.
- Some plaintiffs object to the nonblack enrollment requirement, particularly since a similar requirement is not imposed on traditionally white institutions.
- I also hope one day to get a magazine that is a traditional, a nonblack magazine.
- The nonblack vote divided about evenly between them.
nounBack to top
A person who is not black.
- But what the data shows us is that the difference between blacks and non-blacks is not that significant because 50 per cent of the population is under 25 years old.
- Moreover, while the holiday may have originally been created for blacks, non-blacks can and do celebrate it, just as they do Chinese New Year.
- Since the two main components are generally similar for blacks and non-blacks, we sum the cause-of-death rates that load positively on each dimension in both populations to create a measure of each dimension's strength.
Definition of nonblack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan