- A person who is not engaged in fighting during a war, especially a civilian, chaplain, or medical practitioner.More example sentences
- September saw the British retake Delhi after an extremely fierce fight in the city streets where no distinction was made between non-combatants and mutineers.
- Of the roughly 1.3 million Indian combatants and non-combatants sent overseas to fight for the British empire, the largest chunk were routed to Mesopotamia.
- Indeed, the question of the humanity of a weapon that causes indiscriminate blinding of combatants and non-combatants will restrict the future use of this technology in combat.
More definitions of noncombatantDefinition of noncombatant in:
- The British & World English dictionary