Definition of noncontentious in English:
1Not causing or likely to cause an argument.
- When I fancy a couple of solitary late-night pints in non-contentious company, I tend towards the Royal Borough of Islington.
- I've been known to use a Palm for notes myself, in non-contentious, low pressure situations.
- A seemingly non-contentious planning application left Ryedale District Councillors deadlocked and divided last night.
2 Law Not involving differences between contending parties.
- Mark is a member of the firm's regional construction and engineering group having specialised in contentious and non-contentious construction law for over ten years.
- Your Honours, the issues in this matter are clear-cut and they are non-contentious.
- Generally, barristers can only be briefed by solicitors, although the Bar Council allows very limited direct access to barristers in non-contentious cases.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia