- 1A group of nine people or things, especially musicians.More example sentences
- In some circles, these are referred to as cliques but in this instance, it is really more of a nonet that gets the featured billing.
- Since 2002's Highwire, The Neufeld-Occhipinti Jazz Orchestra have downsized from 16 members to a svelte nonet.
- Davis began leading groups, and in 1949 his nonet recorded the Birth of the Cool arrangements, helping to introduce the impressionistic ‘cool jazz style.’
- 1.1A musical composition for nine voices or instruments.More example sentences
- In these conditions he managed also to compose a nonet for wind quintet and string quartet before being transferred in February 1945 to Terezín, where he died a month later of dysentery.
mid 19th century: from Italian nonetto, from nono 'ninth', from Latin nonus.
More definitions of nonetDefinition of nonet in:
- The British & World English dictionary