Definition of nonfigurative in English:
- Aristotle does not rule out the possibility that metaphor may contain insights, but any truth so contained in figurative language would be additionally accessible through non-figurative language.
- But God's self-portrayal can be simultaneously literal and figurative only if literal does not mean non-figurative but real or actual.
1.1(Of an artist or work of art) abstract.
- In the twentieth century Wassily Kandinsky is considered as the inventor of non-figurative art.
- This is often the case with abstract or non-figurative painting.
- Up until about 1974, Haas experimented with a range of different techniques and styles, producing, for example, non-figurative paintings and drawings reminiscent of Paul Klee or the Abstract Expressionists.
Definition of nonfigurative in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.