Definition of nonfunctional in English:
1Not having any particular purpose or function.
- Also a little creativity can alter a non-functional space into a functional one.
- We examined what makes an object functional as opposed to non-functional.
- In addition to functional genes, both clusters contain non-functional pseudogenes.
1.1Not operating or in working order.
- The rate of change in non-functional sequences is orders of magnitude higher than in functional sequences, for obvious reasons.
- He said additional toilets would be constructed wherever necessary, while the ones that are non-functional would be made functional.
- Out of these 140 are functional while 81 are non-functional.
Definition of nonfunctional in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan