Definition of nonfunctional in English:
1Not having any particular purpose or function.
- Also a little creativity can alter a non-functional space into a functional one.
- We examined what makes an object functional as opposed to non-functional.
- In addition to functional genes, both clusters contain non-functional pseudogenes.
1.1Not operating or in working order.
- The rate of change in non-functional sequences is orders of magnitude higher than in functional sequences, for obvious reasons.
- He said additional toilets would be constructed wherever necessary, while the ones that are non-functional would be made functional.
- Out of these 140 are functional while 81 are non-functional.
Definition of nonfunctional in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.