- 1Not based on or drawn from history: nonhistorical dataMore example sentences
- They also had their own nonhistorical 'theories' of what the historical mode meant or did.
- Indeed, she criticizes "traditional theory" in light of the rejection of its representational view of knowledge and its nonhistorical subject.
- The god they present is neither the impassive god of the Oriental nor the nonhistorical god of the Deist.
- 1.1Without regard for history: pontificating from a nonhistorical perspectiveMore example sentences
- He urges us to read Aquinas as responding to a series of conflicts (such as that between Christianity and pagan philosophy) rather than as pontificating from a nonhistorical perspective.
- Indeed I now find myself troubled by the distinctly nonhistorical stance of much of evangelicalism, and therefore drawn to the arguments of the editors about their two great confessional faiths.
- By contrast, the ideals that filtered out from television screens were "simplistic, nonsubstantive, nonhistorical and noncontextual."