Definition of nonhuman in English:
Of, relating to, or characteristic of a creature or thing that is not a human being: ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman animals
More example sentences
- What ethically significant feature can there be that all human beings but no nonhuman animals possess?
- From what is known, the six figures are nonhuman creatures with extraordinary, but evil powers.
- Human curiosity about nonhuman animals takes many forms.
nounBack to top
A creature that is not a human being.
- The second part of the law was simple but brutal, stating that all non-humans had no choice in their government.
- Nearly every traditional human problem has been solved, and they live peacefully with benevolent non-humans.
- Even the other non-humans weren't particularly friendly with her.
Definition of nonhuman in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan