- 1Not organic, in particular.More example sentences
- In this respect, it is similar to biotechnology, except that nanotechnology needs to literally create something like the non-organic version of DNA to drive the building of its tiny machines.
- But to my way of thinking, there's no reason to exclude the possibility of non-organic sentient beings in the final diffuse universe.
- Indeed, it seems it must be possible, at least in principle, for non-organic machines to have such mental states too.
- 1.1Not relating to or derived from living matter: nonorganic archaeological findsMore example sentences
- Kubrick and Shahni's visual surfaces are highly decorative; they integrate the human with the non-organic surfaces of everyday objects and spaces and in Shahani's case, with nature as well.
- Although in practice this may be true, consumption of non-organic materials is probably a by-product of their foraging.
- Some aspects of lawn care require the usage of both organic and non-organic products.
- 1.2(Especially of food or farming methods) not involving or relating to production by organic methods: nonorganic hens' eggs nonorganic pesticidesMore example sentences
- Lindane is found in most non-organic chocolate.
- Look out for the authorised non-organic ingredients listed on the label.
- In fact sales of organic baby food have risen by nearly six per cent, compared with a slight decline in non-organic baby food.
More definitions of nonorganicDefinition of nonorganic in:
- The British & World English dictionary