- The prevention of an increase or spread of something, especially the number of countries possessing nuclear weapons: the members will continue to pursue nonproliferation and threat reduction projects globally [as modifier]: a nuclear nonproliferation agreementMore example sentences
- This would seem to undermine the whole idea of nuclear non-proliferation.
- We agree with Holdstock and Waterston that all efforts must be made for non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
- A new nuclear non-proliferation policy begins with the principle that we can no longer keep the nuclear genie in the bottle.
More definitions of nonproliferationDefinition of nonproliferation in:
- The British & World English dictionary