Definition of nonrigid in English:
1(Especially of materials) not rigid.
- She often worked with non-rigid materials such as this, and in 1964 she initiated ‘vestiary’ sculpture, designed to be worn by the spectator.
- The cruciate ligaments are able to pivot where they are attached to the bones because they are made of a non-rigid material.
- As a result, 30% of paratroops and 590 non-rigid containers, which had been assigned to be dropped on the first night, remained stranded on airfields.
1.1Denoting an airship whose shape is maintained solely by the pressure of the gas inside.
- The Navy had purchased five nonrigid airships from Goodyear in 1954 for the airborne early warning mission.
Definition of nonrigid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.