1Not able to develop, grow, or survive: nonviable embryos
More example sentences
- The third instance of cord torsion resulted in the delivery of a nonviable, 15.5-week, phenotypically female fetus.
- Nonviable cells typically have a compromised membrane.
- In this circumstance, the residual tumor is frequently nonviable.
2Not practical or workable.
- Animal consciousness has long been assumed to be a nonviable arena of investigation.
- The vast outpouring over the last three decades of archaeological evidence relating to the rise of Cahokia renders such models nonviable.
- We can't try to keep people in nonviable jobs.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of nonviable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.