Definition of nonviolent in English:
Using peaceful means rather than force, especially to bring about political or social change: he regarded hunger strikes as a powerful form of nonviolent protest
More example sentences
- In abandoning non-violent mass action or worker organization they fatally weakened themselves.
- The protesters remained calm and non-violent.
- There are different approaches, but the non-violent, democratic approach is growing in popularity.
- nonviolently adverb
- Example sentences
- But Martin Luther King led his people to protest non-violently.
- At his court hearing he called upon people to non-violently resist war and oppression.
- Let us all work non-violently together for Christ's peace.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.