Using peaceful means rather than force, especially to bring about political or social change: he regarded hunger strikes as a powerful form of nonviolent protest
More example sentences
- In abandoning non-violent mass action or worker organization they fatally weakened themselves.
- The protesters remained calm and non-violent.
- There are different approaches, but the non-violent, democratic approach is growing in popularity.
- Example sentences
- But Martin Luther King led his people to protest non-violently.
- At his court hearing he called upon people to non-violently resist war and oppression.
- Let us all work non-violently together for Christ's peace.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.