- 1(Especially of political action or resistance) characterized by nonviolence.More example sentences
- We call them to nonviolent resistance, rejecting actions that violate moral law.
- We must be prepared to continue to provide lawful, nonviolent, civil resistance in this nation.
- In short, Butler organized a campaign of nonviolent resistance among suspected prostitutes.
- 1.1(Especially of a person) not using violence.More example sentences
- They offer some practical proposals, most importantly, separating violent from nonviolent offenders.
- Well, I think that this distinction between violent and nonviolent offenders is a little bit false in that respect.
- It's clear that time served in such conditions regularly creates violent criminals from nonviolent ones.
- More example sentences
- Those taking to the streets will understand what they are doing there and will respond nonviolently to police provocation.
- Likewise, the command to resist nonviolently is terribly concrete.
- There have been numerous instances of people courageously and nonviolently refusing cooperation with injustice.