Definition of nonvolatile in English:
- The interactions between volatile and non-volatile flavour compounds could, however, play an important role in the rate of flavour release.
- Distillation has been used widely to separate volatile components from non-volatile compounds.
- They contain the volatile as well as non-volatile components of the herb or spice.
1.1 Computing (Of a computer’s memory) retaining data even if there is a break in the power supply.
- Using non-volatile memory also means the data isn't lost if the power cuts out at any time.
- Placing the cache in non-volatile Flash memory near to the hard drive solves the problem.
- These attacks attempt to gain access to the secrets stored in volatile and non-volatile memories.
Definition of nonvolatile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan