- A strip, ring, or tube of pasta or a similar dough, typically made with egg and usually eaten with a sauce or in a soup.More example sentences
- For soup with an Asian flair, substitute Udon noodles for the egg noodles, soy sauce for the salt, bok choy for the peas, and add some hot peppers and fresh garlic.
- Other grain products are sometimes steamed like couscous, such as whole or cracked grains, grain-shaped noodles similar to European soup pastas, and even vermicelli.
- Add the udon noodles, soy sauce and oyster sauce and cook until heated through.
late 18th century: from German Nudel, of unknown origin.
- [no object] • informal Improvise or play casually on a musical instrument: tapes of him noodling on his guitar (as noun noodling) ambient synthesizer noodlingMore example sentences
- The same with ‘Guitars for Plants’ with its ambient axe noodling, which works well as a singular piece, but taken with the whole of the record only seems to stray and distract from the path already beaten through previous tracks.
- Each track is built from a simple drum pattern, being covered in keyboard noodling, reverb, echo, distortion and sound effects in order to achieve a dense, claustrophobic background.
- Fortunately, Townshend's guitar noodling never steps into the realm of being entirely gratuitous, and as with all the best songs on Heathen, Bowie's vocals are wisely left to dominate.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.