Definition of North Korea in English:
North Korea was formed in 1948 when Korea was partitioned along the 38th parallel. In 1950, North Korean forces invaded the south, but in the war that followed were forced back to more or less the previous border (see Korean War). A communist state, which was dominated by its leader Kim Il-sung from 1948 until 1994, North Korea has always sought Korean reunification
- North Korean adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- I am rather surprised that Australia is getting heavily involved with the North Korean problem.
- However, it remains to be seen whether the North Korean regime is willing to make the efforts to implement the deals made at the summit.
- The outcome of the Internet balloting was as preordained as a North Korean election.
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.