- A native or inhabitant of the north, especially of the northern US.More example sentences
- The study found that, compared with visitors from the south of England, northerners were twice as likely to have phoned in sick so that they could spend the day at Alton Towers.
- It was conducted by market researchers Taylor Nelson Sofres, and showed more southerners than northerners wished to lose weight.
- As it happened the group was fairly evenly divided between northerners and southerners.
More definitions of northernerDefinition of northerner in:
- The British & World English dictionary