- Toward the northwest; in a northwest direction.More example sentences
- Dervaig is around 1hr 20 min drive north-westwards from Craignure, Mull's port for car ferry arrivals from Oban.
- Looking north-westwards from the summit, across the fjord-like Loch Etive, lies Beinn Trilleachean with its granite sweep of crags known as the Etive Slabs.
- The same month Roosevelt approved King's proposals for a Pacific offensive, a strategy summed up by King as: hold Hawaii; support Australasia; drive north-westwards from the New Hebrides.
adjectiveBack to top
- Situated in, directed toward, or facing the northwest.More example sentences
- Due to its excellent stress tolerance, grasslands dominated by L. chinensis are widely distributed at the eastern end of the Eurasian steppe, from North Korea westward to Mongolia and northern China, and north-westward to Siberia.
- The extension north-westwards of Edinburgh's age-old traffic congestion was created by building the first road bridge.
More definitions of northwestwardDefinition of northwestward in:
- The British & World English dictionary