- (Of a disease) originating in a hospital.More example sentences
- Some of these are infections occurring in patients after admission to the hospital called nosocomial infections.
- Minimize potential complications such as nosocomial infections, gastrointestinal bleeding, and thromboembolism.
- It is unclear whether pagers could serve as vectors of nosocomial infection, but health care workers must consider that potential when touching or handling a pager.
mid 19th century: from Greek nosokomos 'person who tends the sick' + -ial.
More definitions of nosocomialDefinition of nosocomial in:
- The British & World English dictionary