Famous or well known, typically for some bad quality or deed: Los Angeles is notorious for its smog he was a notorious drinker and womanizer
More example sentences
- The list is endless, but here are a few of the more notorious celebrations of recent times.
- In the process he became the most celebrated, or at least most notorious, journalist of his era.
- For Dylan is not only the most renowned protest singer of his era but also its most notorious renegade.
- More example sentences
- It is derived from property valuations which are notoriously inaccurate.
- They came away with a committed performance against a club who are notoriously difficult to beat on their own pitch.
- The key is interpreting rules which, in this sport, are notoriously vague.