- 1The food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition: tubers from which plants obtain nourishmentMore example sentences
- Much of the research, conducted on soldiers and workers in order to determine the minimum nourishment necessary to maintain health, emphasized models of efficiency.
- If this congestion is not cleared up quickly, the blood will clot and arteries that bring the tissues their necessary nourishment will become plugged and the tissues will die.
- The patient can specify in advance in his living will under what conditions nourishment, hydration or other life support should be withheld.
- 1.1The action of nourishing someone or something: they suck out the sap and eliminate from it a sweet liquid for the nourishment of their youngMore example sentences
- This has little to do with true nourishment of body or soul.
- They maintain the functions of all the organs and are important in the development and nourishment of the body.
- I do not think that nourishment of my body should be at the expense of the suffering of another living being.