nounchiefly • derogatory
- A short novel, typically one that is light and romantic or sentimental in character.More example sentences
- Drawing on these experiences, Webb's novelettes focus on the leisure-time activities of upper-class society in London, Paris, and Cannes.
- We're trying to discern the difference between a short story, a vignette, a novella, and a novelette.
- After a couple of novelettes, she started writing short stories for all leading publications in Malayalam and brought out her first compilation of short stories as ‘Nirmalyam’ in 1994.
- More example sentences
- Beverly has spent her life banishing romance, all that novelettish stuff.
- The High Command remained constricted by its novelettish story of murder, blackmail, and family secrets, but the verve of Dickinson's direction still shone through.
- Many have seen the work as escapist or cloyingly sentimental - ‘novelettish and pretty-pretty, ‘as one eminent Straussian described it.
More definitions of noveletteDefinition of novelette in:
- The British & World English dictionary