Definition of nuisance in English:
1A person, thing, or circumstance causing inconvenience or annoyance: an unreasonable landlord could become a nuisance I hope you’re not going to make a nuisance of yourself
More example sentences
- If the newcomers wanted to make a go of it here and did not make a nuisance of themselves, they could be Australians.
- They don't want to go along to annual general meetings and make a nuisance of themselves.
- In return, they don't secede or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves.
1.1 (also private nuisance) Law An unlawful interference with the use and enjoyment of a person’s land.
- The tort of nuisance is concerned with unlawful interference with the use or enjoyment of land.
- A second exception to the rule is where there is a continuing injury, such as a continuing nuisance or trespass to land.
- But he does not have a cause of action in nuisance for his personal injury, nor for interference with his personal enjoyment.
1.2 Law see public nuisance.