Definition of numbat in English:
A small termite-eating Australian marsupial with a black and white striped back and a bushy tail.
- Myrmecobius fasciatus, family Myrmecobiidae
- I mean, we have an enormous wealth of reptiles, the richest in the world, our insects are amazing, our marsupials, our numbats and our bandicoots and our bilbies - how many people have seen a bilby or know what a bilby is?
- When we started, people didn't know what bilbies and boodies and bettons and numbats were, and now they do.
- The winery has a wetland centre in South Australia where it is also intended to release brush-tailed bettong and numbats later in the year.
early 20th century: from Nyungar.
Definition of numbat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan