- The branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, especially the positive integers.More example sentences
- König worked on a wide range of topics in algebra, number theory, geometry, set theory, and analysis.
- He worked on convex functions, the Laplace transform, number theory and the mathematical theory of genetics.
- Other topics he worked on include algebraic geometry, number theory and integral equations.
More definitions of number theoryDefinition of number theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary