- A bank account, especially in a Swiss bank, identified only by a number and not bearing the owner’s name.More example sentences
- There are no exchange controls; numbered accounts are used and although money laundering legislation is designed to stop criminal activity, tax evasion is not a crime in Andorra.
- Often, the name associated with a numbered account was a mere formality: ‘Banks didn't ask for ID,’ Staley says.
- But I'm happy with our one joint account - and the Swiss numbered account that I must tell her about some day.
More definitions of numbered accountDefinition of numbered account in:
- The British & World English dictionary