- 1The action or process of calculating or assigning a number to something.More example sentences
- But why, in general, does mathematics education shy away from placing our decimal numeration into the framework of positional systems?
- Perhaps the most unusual feature of the Laghubhaskariyavivarana is the use of katapayadi numeration as well as the place-value Sanskrit numerals which Sankara Narayana frequently uses.
- In all those years that the boy learned the decimal system and in all those weeks that he learned the binary, was there no proper time to mention what positional numeration is about?
late Middle English: from Latin numeratio(n-) 'payment' (in late Latin 'numbering'), from the verb numerare 'to number'.
More definitions of numerationDefinition of numeration in:
- The British & World English dictionary