- The number above the line in a common fraction showing how many of the parts indicated by the denominator are taken, for example, 2 in 2/ 3.More example sentences
- To convert a fraction to a percentage, divide the numerator by the denominator.
- In other words, a number is rational if we can write it as a fraction where the numerator and denominator are both integers.
- We stop when the fraction has a numerator or a denominator of 1.
More definitions of numeratorDefinition of numerator in:
- The British & World English dictionary