Definition of numerical in English:
Of, relating to, or expressed as a number or numbers: the lists are in numerical order
More example sentences
- The paper is the first to consider the roots of an equation as abstract quantities rather than having numerical values.
- In 1940 Wilkinson began war work which involved mathematical and numerical work on ballistics.
- It is series such as these that your pocket calculator uses to calculate numerical values.
- Example sentences
- The only way to compute complete trajectories was to integrate the differential equations numerically.
- Thereby, the simulation algorithm numerically solves a complex stochastic equation of motion.
- The important innovation which is incorporated in most of these problems is that they reduce to a cubic equation which Wang solves numerically.
Words that rhyme with numericalchimerical, clerical, hemispherical, hysterical, spherical
Definition of numerical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan