- The branch of mathematics that deals with the development and use of numerical methods for solving problems.More example sentences
- Other areas he wrote on included algebra (where among other topics he studied the theory of permutation matrices), geometry, mathematical and numerical analysis, probability theory and mathematical statistics.
- With co-workers L Blum and M Shub, he has developed a model of computation which includes both the Turing machine approach and the numerical methods of numerical analysis.
- Hamming also worked on numerical analysis, integrating differential equations, and the Hamming spectral window which is much used in computation for smoothing data before Fourier analysing it.
More definitions of numerical analysisDefinition of numerical analysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary