Definition of numerology in English:
The branch of knowledge that deals with the occult significance of numbers.
- There are so many tools to choose from here I could possibly list them all but as we all know some of the best known are the tarot, runes, numerology, palmistry, tea leaves I ching and scrying.
- During the reading my psychic used such ancient arts as numerology, astrology, palmistry, tarot cards and rune stones and even found hidden meaning in the color of my tie.
- But science gave us the worldwide web, and the web hums with magic - with numerology and geomancy and 101 ways to win the lottery.
- Example sentences
- The ad mentioned above for Mr. Goodwin's $9 numerological reading, cites Pythagoras as the father of numerology.
- Traditional Chinese acupuncture is an archaic procedure in which needles are inserted through the skin over imaginary channels in accord with rules developed from pre-scientific superstition and numerological beliefs.
- One must understand all the planetary influences and numerological connections to the Cosmos in order to have harmony in rooms like the kitchen.
- Example sentences
- Get live, detailed numerology and psychic readings from established numerologist and authentic intuitive advisor, Cherry Sage.
- In any case, even if Pythagoras, Plato, Kepler, Galileo, and Einstein were all numerologists it would not make the theory of numerology one iota more plausible.
- Using the following ‘figure alphabet,’ in which the letters in each column are assigned values corresponding to the number on top of the column, numerologists translate each letter into a number, and then add these numbers.
Words that rhyme with numerologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of numerology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan