- 1Of or relating to marriage or weddings: moments of nuptial blissMore example sentences
- As far as I know, nobody has ever been injured or killed during a gay wedding - though what happens after nuptial bliss subsides, who can say?
- Interestingly, I have thought about where I would go for my honeymoon, and when that time of nuptial bliss comes along, I have always thought I would make it Jamaica.
- Away from the mundane rituals, the couple preferred to plant tree saplings at the Pudupettai area in Salem city to mark their entry into the life of nuptial bliss.
- 1.1 Zoology Denoting the characteristic breeding behavior, coloration, or structures of some animals: nuptial plumageMore example sentences
- The males develop nuptial coloration consisting of red-colored fins and eyes.
- This specimen is an adult male in very high nuptial plumage, and is No.3002 of my register.
- Scientists have found that, even in the animal kingdom, males hand out so-called nuptial gifts that seem to be worthless.
noun(usually nuptials) Back to top
- A wedding: the forthcoming nuptials between Richard and JocelynMore example sentences
- They daydream about the jealousy in the eyes of friends when they announce the forthcoming nuptials and the wonderful future life in the sun.
- Best wishes to Clive Burgess and Trish Connolly on their forthcoming nuptials.
- The couple are still to set a date for their forthcoming nuptials.
late 15th century: from Old French, or from Latin nuptialis, from nuptiae 'wedding', from nubere 'to wed'; related to nubile.