- A nurse who is qualified to treat certain medical conditions without the direct supervision of a doctor.More example sentences
- In these small kiosks, shoppers can get advice and remedies for minor ailments from a nurse practitioner without having to make appointments or spend time in waiting rooms.
- A pelvic exam is performed by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Ask your doctor or nurse practitioner if you want to quit.
More definitions of nurse practitionerDefinition of nurse practitioner in:
- The British & World English dictionary