Definition of nuthatch in English:
A small songbird with a long strong bill, a stiffened square-cut tail, and the habit of climbing down tree trunks head first.
- Family Sittidae and genus Sitta: numerous species, including the North American white-breasted nuthatch (S. carolinensis), with a gray back, black cap (male), black eyes, and white face and underparts
- Although cardinals, chickadees, titmice, blue jays, nuthatches and finches will eat the large striped sunflower seed, there is much less waste and a bit more nutrition in the small, oil type.
- Plenty of birds of winter still mob Ann's bird feeders; chickadees, juncos, sparrows, woodpeckers, nuthatches, goldfinch, and doves are in no short supply.
- They have disappeared from our view, as have bullfinches and tree sparrows, nuthatches and marsh tits.
Definition of nuthatch in:
- British & World English dictionary