- 1Rub or push against gently with the nose and mouth: he nuzzled her hair [no object]: the foal nuzzled at its motherMore example sentences
- Veil nodded understandingly and nuzzled her neck gently like his mother used to do to comfort him.
- She was leaning into his side, nose nuzzling his cocktail jacket.
- Firstly, I watched queen wasps and bees gently nuzzling bricks and mortar in the sunshine, looking for the weakness that provides a new home.
- 1.1 [no object] (nuzzle up to/against) Lean or snuggle against: the dog nuzzled up against meMore example sentences
snuggle up to, cuddle up to, nestle close to, embrace, hug
- She gave his arm a squeeze and nuzzled up against him, yawning as she did so.
- The tiny buzz of a purr was coming from its throat as it nuzzled up against me.
- They were nuzzling and snuggling on the marital bed, half naked.
late Middle English (in the sense 'grovel'): frequentative from nose, reinforced by Dutch neuzelen 'poke with the nose'.