Definition of oat grass in English:
A wild grass that resembles the oat.
- Avenula and other genera, family Gramineae
- Slender wheatgrass, nodding brome, fringed brome, oat grass, red fescue, June grass, and mountain muhly are the most abundant species in dry areas.
- Evergreen grasses, such as sedge, blue oat grass, and some species of feather grass, which only need renewing every 2 to 3 years.
- He hid inside a tussock of oat grass and watched as the fine thatched house rose up beside the water-hole.
Definition of oat grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan